Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Quick & Easy Alfredo Sauce

Just in case I'm not the only one who craves the Olive Garden at inopportune times... like no budget for such frivolity or 3 kids and no babysitter. I found this on the internet last night and the ingredients were all things I had on hand. I really liked it. Enoch loved it. Thus, a new family favorite is born. And, a lot easier on the pocket book than the OG... although I won't say that it was better than the Olive Garden. That'd be pretty hard to do. It was right up there though.

Ingredients:
1/2 c. butter
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 cups milk
6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese (I didn't have fresh Parmesan laying around, so I used the last 1/2 of my 8 oz canister of Parmesan cheese and it worked fine)
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions: Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese & garlic powder, stirring w/ wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.

(It noted that the cream cheese was the secret ingredient.)

No comments: