Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Strawberry Spinach Salad

As per request of Hannah I am adding my spinach salad recipe. It's super easy and extremely yummy. My mom and I discovered it when we were living in California. A good friend of ours, Ludwiga Covert, was kind enough to give us the recipe. I hope you enjoy.

Spinach
Strawberries
Slivered Almonds
Mayonnaise
Orange Juice Concentrate

Take your slivered almonds and place them in a frying pan on medium-high heat (nothing else in the pan). Stir continuously until the almonds are toasted a nice light brown. Pour them out on a clean surface and allow them to cool.

Place the desired amount of spinach in a bowl and start slicing up strawberries until you are happy with the amount. After the almonds have cooled you can add them in as well.

Take 1/2 cup mayonnaise and mix it with 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate for dressing. You can either pre-toss the salad or set the dressing on the side so your spinach doesn't get soggy.

2 comments:

Marshall said...

I remember making this!!! I will have to add it to my recipes. Thanks! The other ones look yummy too!

Hannah Stevenson said...

YIPEE!!!

Thanks so much Melanee...I intend to do this. Not for Thursday night but soon.

Thanks again this was so refreshing.