Thursday, June 12, 2008

Strawberry Pudding/Jello

Another one of my staples. This is the recipe I brought to the Dahl Family Party last year and a few of you asked for the recipe. For those I forgot to give it to, here it is. My kids love it... which, as you all know says a lot for the picky eater population.

2 and 3/4 c. water - bring to a boil
Once the water is boiling, add the following 3 pkg of pudding/jello:
  • 1 box tapioca pudding (small box)
  • 1 box cook & serve vanilla (calls for small box, but I can only find cook & serve in a large box and I use the whole thing and it works fine)
  • 1 box strawberry jello (small box)
Boil the three pkgs of jello/pudding for 4 minutes. Put in refrigerator until thick (I've found that an hour is perfect - no more or it gets too thick, no less or it doesn't set). Add a medium tub of cool whip at the end of that hour and at least 2 cups of sliced frozen strawberries.

I've never tried anything but the strawberry, but my friend suggested using different jellos and fruits. i.e. sub out the strawberry jello for orange jello and instead of strawberries, use mandarin oranges, or blueberry jello with blueberries, etc.

4 comments:

Megan said...

This sounds really good! I'm going to have to try it at the next Davis family event.

Hannah Stevenson said...

OH MY GOODNESS...I just found this through Jennifer's blog...this is A DREAM COME TRUE!!! I love ALL of the food you ladies make almost as much as I love you! Is it o.k. with all of you if I add this to my blog roll?

Hannah Stevenson said...

I have a few requests...

1. The amazing rolls that Olivia (and I think most of you) always makes.

2. A blue cheese dip that Coralee made about 8 years ago..all I remember is that it had nuts and blue cheese in it and that is was a little piece of heaven on earth.

3. Oh yeah and Melanee's amazing spinach salad (or was that Jennifer's with all the yummy berries)?

That's all for now...if you could get right on that, I'd appreciate it. ;)

Thelma said...

Thank you for this recipe, Jennifer. I took it to a family party. Usually my salads are overlooked at potlucks in a very disheartening way. I do much better with desserts and this one was much more successful because it's like dessert...my kind of salad.