Thursday, November 6, 2008

Cinnamon Rolls

This is my mother's most delicious recipe. These rolls are heaven on Earth. Enjoy!

ROLLS:
4 c milk
1 c sugar
4 tbs yeast
1/2 c water
4 eggs
4 tps salt
1 c oil
12-14 c flour

FROSTING:
1 stick butter
1 1/2 c pd sugar
1/4 c (2 ounces) cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
(I usually triple this)
  1. Dissolve yeast in water.
  2. Scald milk and allow to cool to luke warm.
  3. Mix yeast mixture, milk, beaten eggs, sugar, and 4 c flour.
  4. Let rise for 20 min.
  5. Add salt, oil, and remainder of flour. (Add the flour one cup at a time and make sure each cup is thoroughly mixed before adding another. The last few cups should be kneaded in.)
  6. Knead and let rise until double in bulk.
  7. Roll out on a floured surface.
  8. Cover in butter and a cinnamon and sugar mix.
  9. Roll up, cut, and placed on a greased cookie sheet with a little space in between each roll. (Pam works fine for greasing the pan.)
  10. Bake at 350 for 20 min.
  11. Mix all the ingredients together to make frosting and smother it all over your rolls.
This is a delicious treat. Ammon and I enjoy them every fall. I hope you enjoy them too!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Melanee, the picture of these made me so hungry... If you ever need someone to taste these for you, I'm only a 1/2 hour away. I'm going to try them this week (hopefully, they'll work with egg substitute). Also, Melanee, will you post your recipe for sugar cookies & the frosting? I want to try those again too.